24 October 2009

autumn thoughts

October. My favorite month in Oregon. The trees morph into a myriad of colors and carpet the ground with crispy leaves. There's something so refreshing, vibrant, and nostalgic about autumn. My thoughts turn to family, harvest, warmth, and home.

I'm enjoying a quiet Saturday, sipping Echinacea tea, catching up on correspondence, and working on some preparatory reading materials. :) My membership finalized on Tuesday. :) The reality of this undertaking is beginning to sink in.

On Thursday, I'm taking off for a last-minute, 9-day trip to Dallas. The purpose is to gain some first-hand perspective of sign language translation in progress, as well as to spend a bit of time working alongside my future boss.

Pray for sustained health (I was recently reminded that being on an airplane this time of year is a great way to catch nasty little germs...), clear and effective communication, His hand on the work being done, and the time spent with future colleagues. 

May the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the steadfastness of Christ. (2 Thess. 3:5)

1 comment:

Melodious Echo said...

Hey Bethany! Hadn't seen your blog before! It's a blessing to read...I didn't know you lived in Oregon either?? Where about? (I can just ask you in e-mail!) Anyway, I'm moving near Portland area. Would be cool to connect sometime again...Blessings to you friend!