28 May 2011

oh, africa...

i came praying for the courage to love you.
as Jesus loves you.
because my heart belongs to another,
and wasn't mine to give to you.

but i never expected...
that i'd come to love you as i have,
nor the way my heart would become entwined
with the lives of your precious, beautiful people.

when i go, a piece of me will remain behind,
knowing, there is coming a day
when we will all be together again as one body
not here on your soil
but on the eternal soil of souls
belonging to the King of all kings

i only pray, in my going, that i'll have
loved. given. spent.
as He has wanted
in HIS love for you

i know i've not attained this
but rejoice that He's a King that still uses
cracked. broken. earthen. vessels
so the glory will always, ever, only point to HIM.

1 comment:

Delightful Inheritance said...

Dear Africa, I gave you my daughter, because she was not mine to keep. I love her more than you, but less than Jesus. Her life and mine and yours are HIS. He is wise. He brings her home to me for awhile, a short while - then sends her away somewhere else. HIS PLAN, plans are all wisdom, knowledge and grace; the grace to say goodbye - for you, for me and for my daughter. Because we serve a Risen King who had to say goodbye to HIS FATHER, His followers, His family here - in order to come home and make a home for us. Goodbyes are not forever for us, because we love HIM and serve HIM and must follow HIM wherever He leads. Be sad, but with JOY. Say "goodbye", because it is someone elses "hello" for more ways than we know. Love to you all from Bethany's MOM!!!