14 January 2012

i used to want to be someone else...

corrie ten boom. betty stam.
amy carmichael. mary slessor.
jackie pullinger. mother teresa.
elisabeth elliot. gladys aylward.
women who've blessed & convicted me.

but then, He whispered, "But I didn't make you them.
I made you to be you. Wholly Mine. For My glory."

know what? He was right. (surprise, surprise)
and there is nobody i'd rather be...

incredible relationships. international adventure.
new experiences. stretching moments.
overwhelming challenges. eternal victories.
squeezing heart-ache coupled with intense love.
knowing exactly why i'm alive... purposed.
indescribable, divine joy in the journey.

nope. i wouldn't trade my life for anyone's.

"'cause i'm not who i was when i took my first step
and i'm clinging to the promise: You're not through with me yet...'"

(Ginny Owens, "If You Want Me To")

surrender + obedience = the adventure of a lifetime.
i dare you to try it... with this one warning:
you will never be the same again.

No comments: