11 May 2012

"You've never done anything slow in your life have you?"

--said a chiropractor while showing me a strengthening exercise which should be performed at the speed of an 80 year old sloth

My mom says there are four speeds: slow, medium, fast, and then me....
I was out and screaming 45 minutes after my mom's water broke.
I skipped walking and went from crawling to running at 8 months old.
I passed H.S. exams at 14, but wasn't allowed (by my homeschooling teachers, ie: my parents) to graduate until the summer I turned 16.
Three years later, I walked in my college graduation with my Bachelor's Degree at 19.
By 21, I was busy working out of my own business - contracting at local, state, and federal levels.

A Deaf friend, teaching me to write in a non-Roman script, got increasingly frustrated with my practicing and errors, "Slow down!! You'll be more accurate if you slow down!" Yeah, yeah, yeah.  I've heard that a million times before.

But now, as I'm sitting here, consolidating salvaged files from my May 2012 harddrive (which was in my laptop when it fell 3 feet off a desk and onto the floor -- accident) with my last backup from January 2012.

ENFJ -- must become ISTJ -- yuck. (No offense to any ISTJs out there - I'm sure you're the bomb, but it's just not me.) Suddenly, slow and steady wins the race. But man, I feel like I need to get out and run a marathon when I'm done... something to make up for all the lost time.

Or, maybe I'll finally just set up my laptop to update every night. (I can hear my mentor's audible sigh of relief from a continent away.)

No comments: