29 December 2010

going abroad

This comes with my love from South Asia! I think I'm in love. =) Coconut trees everywhere I look, a myriad of bright colors, exotic music, delicious smells, beautiful people... and precious Deaf family who are hungry and eager to soak up every lesson, every life-giving word, with joy and anticipation.

On a humorous note... (in list format, since I like lists)

a) I have internet at my hotel, but not hot water. ;)
b) Today, whilst chowing down the remainder of a large bag of dried mangoes, I looked down to find that some sugar ants had been enjoying it long before I started eating them. I salvaged a few more pieces before disposing of the rest... I guess that just means I had extra protein for my supper!
c) I never cease to be amused by my bathroom experiences abroad. We all have such different cultural norms from country to country! A fellow expat recommended this book, and it's officially made my wish-list. ;)

No comments: