06 June 2011

this crazy beautiful life

Today was an eventful day.

I drove in Kenya. No... no... you don't understand. This is a BIG deal. And, go figure... the electrical in the car completely went out on me as I was going around a curve. After coasting to the side of the road, shutting it off and on again, and saying a quick prayer, we were back on our way again.

I was charged by a baby elephant. Yes. It's true. No, I didn't get it on video -- I was too surprised to think of filming in the moment. But I did get lots of other pictures of our visit to the Elephant Orphanage.

Back at work, I split my time between Uganda and Kenya for the afternoon. And, once again, realized how blessed, privileged, and grateful I am that God allows me to be involved in this process... and how much I love working with these teams. It's that incredible sensation of knowing you're walking in the center of what He has planned for you.

I was peed on by a two-year-old. Yep. And that my thanks after washing her sticky hands, rescuing her shoes, and determining the whereabouts of her mother.... It's amazing how love simply doesn't care.

Now, I sit with a cup of green tea, chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven, and an unwritten newsletter in front of me... wondering how I could ever possibly have deserved this life He's given me... the opportunity to be where I am, see what I've seen, do what I do, love the people I love, and play a part in His sovereign plan. How can it be?

"He is your praise and He is your God, who has done these great and awesome things for you which your eyes have seen." (Deut. 10:21, NASB)

No comments: