21 October 2011

Come to the Well...

Three years ago, as the Lord re-directed my steps in this new direction, He gave me these verses in Isaiah 41:17-18 as a promise: "The afflicted and needy are seeking water, but there is none, and their tongue is parched with thirst; I, the LORD, will answer them Myself. As the God of Israel I will not forsake them. I will open rivers on the bare heights and springs in the midst of the valleys; I will make the wilderness a pool of water and the dry land fountains of water." (NASB)

This year, we will celebrate the dedication of the FIRST 32 Bible stories in 5 more African sign languages & the second 45 stories (and first set of sign language Bible commentaries) in one African sign language and one Asian sign language.

Praise, praise, praise His glorious Name. I keep finding myself in tears of awe...  The song below is by Casting Crowns and just came out this week. Rejoicing that we serve a God who fulfills His promises. With Him, there are no forgotten ones.

Verse 2:
So bring me your heart
No matter how broken,
Just come as you are,
When your last prayer is spoken,
Just rest in My arms a while,
You'll feel the change My child,

When you come to the well

CHORUS:

And all who thirst will thirst no more,
And all who search will find what their souls long for,
The world will try, but it can never fill,
So leave it all behind, and come to the well

And now that you're full,

Of love beyond measure,
Your joy's gonna flow,
Like a stream in the desert,
Soon all the world will see that living water is found in Me,
'Cause you came to the well

CHORUS:

And all who thirst will thirst no more,
And all who search will find what their souls long for,
The world will try, but it can never fill,
So leave it all behind, and come to the well

~Casting Crowns, "The Well"


Jesus answered and said to her, "Everyone who drinks of this water will never thirst again; but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life." (John 4:13-14, NASB)

...Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.'" (John 7:37b-38, NASB) 

No comments: