05 December 2011

C'est la vie!

So... it's 36 degrees outside (2C). And our heater has been sputtering off from time to time. Ironic because we had the same problem with our air conditioner when it was 108 degrees back in August (42C). So back then, they put in a different window A/C unit which also has a heater option. When our central heating went out, we were using the backup A/C unit heater option. Well... tonight, we're about to get a cold snap and have been told to let our faucets drip overnight. Aaaaaaaaand... our central heating went out again, and our backup unit as well. :-) This even after we had maintenance guys in here this afternoon tweaking and fixing. Ah well.... I guess that's Murphy's law. So! Since I'm here in 3 layers & a blanket, walking around, and shivering... We're going to have another roommate adventure and trek over to the guesthouse for a "sleepover" tonight. :-p But first, homeade cookies... which I went ahead and baked while I was warming myself by the last remaining heat source in the house: our oven. Hah! At least my life is never boring... ;-)

No comments: