20 April 2013

I don't know what You're doing, but I do know who You are.

"...God's children please Him just as well when they sit patiently with folded hands, if that is His will, as when they are hard at work. But to be at work, to be useful, to be necessary... is just what I want, and I do find it hard to be set against the wall... I see now that my first desire has not been to please God, but to please myself, for I am restless under His restraining hand. ...if I could only have the health and strength for my beloved ones..."

"But how often I have prayed that God would do His will... in defiance, if need be, of mine! I have tried to remind myself of this everyday."

(excerpts from Stepping Heavenward by E. Prentiss)

1 comment:

Harry said...

Bethany, praying for your healing but also praying for God's perfect will and His perfect timing. May He work in all our lives that others may see Him in us more and more for His honor and His glory.