10 May 2013

embracing sovereignty

"Choose to bury your face, even your tears, in the mystery of His sovereignty. It's a hard choice, but one you will never regret. ... The choice we have is whether we are going to submit to a sovereign God or shake our fist and demand answers not intended for this life. ... I am going to humble myself before God and believe He has a purpose I will someday understand. I reject bitterness and hard-heartedness, and I choose to become submissive and wait. ... When you willingly take from God's hand whatever He allows, believing that eternity will prove His wisdom and goodness, even though you can't see it now, you are embracing sovereignty at the deepest level. And you are preparing your life for a joy so immense that few ever truly experience it."
Josh MacDonald, Gripped by the Greatness of God

No comments: