09 May 2013

I am a daughter of Abraham

Now the LORD said to Abram,
"Go forth from your country,
and from your relatives
and from your father's house,
to the land which I will show you;
and I will make you a great nation,
and I will bless you, and make your name great;
and so you shall be a blessing;
and I will bless those who bless you,
and the one who curses you I will curse.
And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed."
(Genesis 12:1-3, NASB)

By faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed
by going out to a place which he was to receive for an inheritance;
and he went out not knowing where he was going.
(Hebrews 11:8, NASB)

And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants,
heirs according to promise.
(Galatians 3:29, NASB)

Was reminded this morning of sitting on the floor of a friend's house, struggling through the reality of moving away from all that was familiar just three years ago.  Amazed, as I again read these words, that this promise is no longer a future promise... it is REALITY.

Peter began to say to Him, "Behold, we have left everything and followed You."
Jesus said, "Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or farms, for My sake and for the gospel's sake, but that he will receive a hundred times as much now in the present age, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and farms, along with persecutions, and in the age to come, eternal life."
(Mark 10:29-30, NASB)

Amazed. Overwhelmed by wonder. Grateful.

No comments: