26 March 2012

you know those perfect moments...

The fleeting wave of contented "life is totally good..." that just comes out of the blue. I have those when I'm working with translation teams on exegetical checking. I have them when I'm immersed in a Deaf environment, surrounded by brothers and sisters in the Lord. I love the sounds of the Deaf world. I can't explain or describe them to you, except to say they are familiar and they are part of what makes me feel at home.

handwashing my clothes for a month...
no A/C in a 7th story flat where I could see myself living
eating at a stall on the street
praising You for these moments

seeing pictures of friends back home getting married... getting engaged... having kids... beautifully bittersweet. i would still never exchange my life for theirs. YOU are my satisfaction and fulfillment. My inheritance is beautifully secure.

No comments: