27 July 2009

hunkering down

Week 8 has begun, and we're all shifting gears for the final stretch. Daily homework is being replaced with massive final projects and some class lecture hours with self-study time.

Right now, I'm staring down my...
-TWO Morphology & Syntax Grammar Filing Projects (including a Grammar Sketch) in Salasaca Quichua (a language of Ecuador).
-Two-day Comprehensive Final Exam for Morphology & Syntax
-group Sociolinguistic Grad Research Experiment (15-page, single-spaced paper & class presentation) on Language Variation among ASL Users
-Comprehensive Theory Exam in Sign Language Phonetics
-other assorted class readings and journal responses

I feel surprisingly calm, which I can only attribute to unceasing waves of God's supernatural grace and the prayers of you all! To think, in less than two weeks, I'll be gone from this place. This summer has been such an incredibly stretching, challenging, affirming experience!

Important Reminder: Do not send me mail at my SIL-UND address after this Friday, JULY (thanks, mom :D) 31st!!! I will not receive it! I will be receiving all mail at my Selma, Oregon P.O. Box from there-on-out. Thank you to those of you who've faithfully sent me mail this summer (Marty! and others) - your encouragement came in the moments I needed it most!! He knows.

A pic from the SIL annual picnic last Saturday - me and Elli.

1 comment:

Delightful Inheritance said...

You meant to say no mail after July 31st! ;-)
Love, Mom