24 July 2009

"...your Father knows what you need before you ask..." (Matt. 6:8)

Wednesday, I was talking with mom on the phone about travel plans after I'm done on August 8th, how/when to get home, expenses, and so forth. In looking ahead, it was clear I didn't have enough for my travel home and my last month of bills before I start back to work. At mom's, "Don't worry about it, God will handle it," I assured her I wasn't worried, nor even had the time to worry about it now... but would cross that bridge once all my final exams and research projects were behind me in August.

This morning, I checked my mail to find a letter from the SIL-UND Director, congratulating me on being awarded a $650.00 scholarship!!! (I applied back in April, but assumed they'd already been awarded earlier in the summer!) I'm overwhelmed! I hadn't even begun praying about those bills and upcoming expenses... but, of course, He knows all things and provides out of His abundance. It also brought blessed confirmation that this isn't "my plan," but HIS... and where He guides, He provides.

"But our God is in the heavens; He does whatever He pleases." -Ps. 115:3
"For the earth is the LORD's and all it contains." -1 Cor. 10:26

1 comment:

Emily Jane said...

Praise be to our Lord indeed! Wow!!!! That's so exciting about the scholarship!!!! AMEN!