24 August 2011

be. here.

As I stared at my voice of the martyrs prayer calendar this afternoon, at the difficult countries highlighted for prayer this month... "where, Lord? where do you want me?" came tumbling out of my heart. Before I could finish breathing those words, He answers..."Here" (Dallas). Laughter was my immediate reaction to His instant & unexpected re-alignment of my mind to the present tense. And He smiled in His gentle, loving, knowing, way.  Man, I love this God of ours--so trustworthy, so patient, so personal and engaged in His love for us!!! I love that He is Almighty, Sovereign, and Holy ... and yet He delights in having intimate, tangible, even amusing conversations with me, His child. He's up to something... and it's beautiful. Not because I can see or know it, but because everything He does is beautiful. Purposed for His glory... every tiny little piece.

No comments: