19 August 2011

texas g.i.a.l.

I'm in Dallas. Enjoying my new roommates. Surviving the heat (thank God for A/C!!!!). Starting graduate classes. Gulping as I stare down these academic papers/readings... I think my brain must officially switch back into graduate level reading/writing after enjoying the bliss of an International blend of Deaf English... aaaaaand, reality hits.

I'm the ONLY student in my morning "Christianity Across Cultures" class. I'm one of two students (in a 2 teacher class) for "Social & Political Organization." I guess that means our student:faculty ratio is pretty good here. ;) ;) ;)

I have a good feeling about this fall. Such a sense of peace, assurance, and rest. Praying over time management, relationship-building, intentionality & purposefulness. Priorities. Future work/location/training. But wanting most of all to be present and open to what His Spirit has to teach/say in this season. Pray with me over all this. I want to be found faithful in this "little"...

And with that... homework awaits me. 
Ready... Set... *inhale* Go...

"the finish line... it drives me on" (Bethany Dillon, "Revolutionaries")

No comments: