21 August 2011

You're beautiful

We sang "Beautiful" by Phil Wickham this morning at the church I visited here in the Dallas area. There are two lines that are repeated/emphasized... and as we sang this morning, He drove them home into my heart as He brought visions of His face to my mind...

I see Your face ...
(in the mu$l!m deaf girl who sat beside to me, holding my hand, as we said goodbye)
You're beautiful.

I see Your face ...
(in the face of my deaf brother who you brought from destructive, violent past... who now reflects Your joy, peace, compassion)
You're beautiful.


I see Your face ...
(in my two year old kenyan neighbor who so completely stole my heart)
You're beautiful.

I see Your face ...
(in the face of a 3 year old boy with cerebral palsy, and the daily, sacrificial love of his deaf parents in their tender care of him as their gift from You)
You're beautiful.

I see Your face ...
(in the sweet face of an elderly telugu woman who praises Jesus)
You're beautiful.

I see Your face ...
(in the joyful dance of a old, crippled soma!1an brother's worship, as his cane is abandoned and arms raised)
You're beautiful.

I see Your face ...
(in the silent morning dance and spontaneous praise, of a deaf kenyan brother, for his audience of One)
You're beautiful.

I see Your face ...
(in the humble servanthood and bold dreams of deaf brothers and sisters in tanzania)
You're beautiful.

I see Your face ...
(in the radiant smile of a deaf ind!an sister whose family scorns her love for our Lord)
You're beautiful.

I see Your face ...
(in the confident, fearless faces of deaf fellowship leaders who are opposed and threatened)
You're beautiful.

I see Your face ...
(in the crossed-eyes of a five-year-old kenyan girl, who never misses an opportunity to remind us in  a deaf worship song that "God loves you. Jesus loves you.")
You're beautiful.

I see Your face ...
(in the faithfulness, devotion, integrity, passion, and poured out lives of my deaf brothers and sisters who work day in and out to ensure their friends and family will be able to finally KNOW YOU, truly, fully, unhindered, and set free through the Truth of Your Word in their OWN sign languages)
You're beautiful.

You're beautiful.
You're beautiful.
You're beautiful.

I see Your face.
You're beautiful.

No comments: