15 May 2009

March/April 2009 Update

Greetings in the steadfast love of Jesus!

March has come and gone, and I am late in getting out an update! I just arrived home this past weekend after having spent my Spring Break (March 21-27) in Canby, Oregon at another TOTAL It Up! Workshop; only this time, I attended as an assistant to the staff and teachers. It was such a wonderful week!! We had students fly in from all over the States as well as two international students. I enjoyed meeting each one, watching them soak in the possibilities before them, and praying with them for clarity and guidance. I look forward to rubbing shoulders with some of them in the future.  From there, I flew down to interpret some friends’ wedding in Sacramento, which was simply beautiful.

March also brought a delightful visit from my dear, dear friend and sister, Megan, whom I hadn’t seen in almost two years! Last time I was out visiting her family (my second family in Michigan), Meg had just left for a six month missions stint in South Africa with OM. It was a joy to spend a brief weekend with her, savoring every moment and hearing all about her adventures.

Likewise, I look forward to the end of April and a visit from my college roommates, Erin & Jessica!!! And no, I don’t normally get to visit with friends this often, so this year has been a real treat! It just seems 2009 is God’s timing for the catching up with loved ones! I certainly have no complaints. Erin & Jess will be here for a week, and I can’t wait to show them around beautiful Southern Oregon.

Praise Report: The Lord has already provided my tuition, room, and board for North Dakota in FULL! I’m amazed and beyond grateful! He provides over and beyond what we can ask or think. He has also provided the funds for a much-needed, long-awaited, new laptop computer (my old one crashed a little over a year ago). He knows our every need and delights to meet them out of His abundance! Amazing! I wait on Him now simply for travel funds for North Dakota.

In the meantime, April is application month. I’m still working on my membership application, and this is the month to buckle down and finish it. This is my top priority and greatest prayer need. I look forward to typing my next update without it hanging over my head!

No comments: