26 May 2009

it smells of summer

And I'm purposefully avoiding packing this last duffel bag.

Travel plans have come together after some surprises last week. I purchased a flight into Fargo, ND as Grand Forks is quite a bit smaller and thus, much pricier. I had then planned to catch a Greyhound up to the Grand Forks airport for SIL-UND pickup. However, the travel coordinater for SIL-UND asked me to double-check on the Greyhound info I'd received. Sure enough, it was inaccurate, and I was shaving my arrival and departure times down to minutes in which to get my bags and get on the bus. Despite my optimism, nobody I spoke with sounded convinced I could make it. So I asked when the next northbound bus left to find it only travels north every other day. But! I could "always take the 3:30am Amtrak the next morning." Ahahahahahah... No.

More amused than anything else, I looked into some other options. Through an online travel forum set up by SIL-UND, I've connected with another young woman who's also flying into the Fargo airport. We're going to split the cost of a rental car (which ends up being cheaper than a Greyhound ticket!) and carpool up to the campus. Not only did the Lord work it out, but I now have a traveling companion on the last leg of my trip! :) I just love how the Lord takes care of all the little details. It makes me smile.

Departure: T-minus 3 days.
First Stop: Northern California.

1 comment:

Emily Jane said...

AMEN! I just love it when God works in ways like that!!!