05 June 2009

June 2009 Update

Warm Greetings from Northern California!

We’ve been having some weird weather this week, as I’m in the Sacramento area visiting extended family and friends. Though, keeping my eye on the weather in Grand Forks, I can’t complain about it being chilly here. I remind myself it’s not officially summer yet.

Tomorrow morning, I board a plane bound for North Dakota!! How time flies! I’m becoming increasingly excited for all the Lord has in store for these upcoming summer months! I’ve received my class schedule, which looks intense but very do-able. I’ll be taking 10 credits in 9 weeks! I’m eager to meet my teachers and classmates (fellow language nerds – hooray!) and to jump into the coursework.

Back home, I passed the baton in Girls’ Bible Study to one of the girls who felt the Lord was calling her to step up and lead it. I had my last night with them on Memorial Day. I’m going to miss these precious, precious sisters in Christ, but I also know the Lord has much in store for their lives. Watching your fruit bear fruit is a beautiful, humbling thing knowing that you really had nothing to do with it, but were simply a tool in the hands of a Mighty God.

A few of you have requested my summer address. You can write me at the following address. You can also reach me on my cell (won't have a college phone #), or via email (the best).

my name
SIL-UND

2901 University Avenue, Stop 8217
Grand Forks ND 58202-8217

Important Note: Please do not use this address after July 31st. Mail will not be forwarded to me; it will be either returned to sender or discarded. This address is only good from June 6-August 1, 2009. If you want to send me snail-mail and don’t think it’ll arrive by the first week of August, you can send it to my permanent address.

I’ll post an update from the Northern Great Plains once I get all settled in and hooked up to the web - so drop back in soon. :) I'll try to update this fairly frequently, depending on if classes allow!

A few things you can specifically be lifting up this month:
--Smooth travel connections for all the SIL-UND staff and students this weekend.
--The Salvadoran Sign Language Bible Translation Project team that’s getting off the ground in El Salvador.
--The transitioning back into the crazy lifestyle of a college student. Pray for HIS strength and rest, as well as focus.

Because of God’s Grace,
With great anticipation,
Bethany

No comments: