22 May 2009

thoughts from Jim Elliot


"Of the flesh and its false emotions I have quite had my fill. Of Jesus I cannot seem to get enough. Thank God... He does not thwart the soul's desire for Himself, but only whets the desire, intensifying, subliminating."

"Much impressed lately with the blessing of being called to battle on the Winner's side."

"The Word of God is not bound! It's free to say what it will to the individual and no one can outline it into dispensations which cannot be broken. Don't get it down 'cold,' but let it live--fresh, warm, and vibrant--so that the world is not binding ponderous books about it, but rather is shackling you for having it allowed it to have free course in your life."

(all excerpts from Shadow of the Almighty)

1 comment:

Emily Jane said...

AMEN! Thank you for sharing that, it blessed me. I don't think I ever read that book so I guess I will have to now!