16 July 2011

"i'm a linguist..." ???

Went for a run down our road this morning (there's no place I'd rather run than here in the evergreen trees and mountains of southern Oregon... truly...) when I passed a street sign... and had the terrible realization that--for the last 5 years of living here--I've been spelling the name of our street WRONG!!!! It's not McMullen... it's McMullin! Um... that's embarrassing. 5 years and about 2,000 mailing address labels later... sheesh!  Strike 1 against a self-proclaimed linguist... who can't spell her own permanent address. :-\

But this self-proclaimed linguist did finally figure out how to get my virtual Amharic keyboard to work on my laptop.   ... I know I'm a nerd. No comments necessary.

Psalms 117:1 
አሕዛብ ሁላችሁ፥ እግዚአብሔርን አመስግኑት፥ ወገኖችም ሁሉ ያመስግኑት፤
(መዝሙረ ዳዊት 1171) 

No comments: