14 July 2011

it's the unexpected things

Whew. I'm done jeans shopping. Not a fan. But it's done. I have new jeans. And I'm set for the next two years.

I've decided that the US medical system asks too many personal questions. I seriously doubt they need to know many of the questions they ask you. It's overwhelming.

Four more things that have surprised me upon coming home...
-- air conditioning everywhere indoors. Something we didn't have in Africa. and I'm perpetually freezing.
-- ok, sorry, but super-honest moment: the amount of fat people in the States.
-- women in shorts & spaghetti strap tank tops... I've seen a lot of skin this last week, and it's not even that hot.
-- how talkative random strangers are in public, at least here in Oregon. I don't care what people say, Americans are genuinely friendly.

Four things I've loving about being home...
-- my family
-- soaking up being in the trees & mountains of southern Oregon... it's such a peaceful haven where my soul can rest
-- running each morning
-- having access to a piano =)

No comments: